May 30, 2021
Firmly Planted – “Rooted and Grounded”
Key Scriptures: Psalm 1:3 TPT; 2 Corinthians 4:7 TPT; John 1:29 TPT; James 1:23-25 TPT; Colossians 1:3 TPT; Ephesians 2:6 TPT; Hebrews 4:16 TPT; James 1:23-26 TPT; 2 Corinthians 4:7-9 TPT
- Stop worrying about your fruit, just be a good tree!
- He has given you the identity of being His!
- You do not get to choose who you are, but you do get to choose who you become.
- There is something about realizing who you are that unleashes the power, strength and ability or God in your life!
- Your Christ given identity gives you the closest possible access to the Father.
Let’s Talk: Playing sports growing up, I quickly learned how important being in the right spot was. It wasn’t just about playing a certain position, like first base, it was about being in the right spot to make the play. Often times in baseball, players will shift to different spots depending on who is batting. They still play their position but might move in closer or shift to the right or left depending on where a batter hits the ball most of the time. As Christians, we have been given a position in Christ, but do we know how to operate within that position?
- As a Christian, how can we have a position in Christ, but not be in the right spot?
- How is our relationship with Christ in learning our position in Him?
- What is one thing you can do today that will help you understand your position in Christ better?
Let’s Think: We have been placed in the right position by God, seated in heavenly places, but it’s up to us to learn and grow in our position. To learn and grown in where God has positioned us, we must be in close proximity to Him. He is our source, and we choose how close we are to Him.
- How close are you to God? Is your relationship with Him Strong or weak?
- What are some things you can do to strengthen your relationship with God?
- Who is someone you can help today strengthen their relationship with God? Whoever God lays on your heart, ask God to show you what you can do to help them, then go and do it.
Going Deeper: When we learn our position in Christ, and we draw close to the life-giving source (Jesus), we will begin to grow! Our posture towards God and others will change as we are transformed by Jesus. What you say and do will begin to reflect who God is.
- How does your relationships with others change when your posture towards others changes?
- How does your relationship with God change when your posture towards Him changes?
- How does your posture towards God and others help you be firmly planted?
Walk It Out:
- What are some rhythms you can set up to help you stay close to God?
- Set up some time this week to just enjoy being His. Don’t bring any needs to Him or concerns, just love on Him and let Him love on you.
- Whatever you are going through, don’t let it stop you from being a blessing to someone else this week!