August 1, 2021
Key Scriptures: Galatians 5:19-23 TPT; 2 Corinthians 4:4 TPT; Colossians 1:13-14 TPT; Acts 26:18 TPT; 1 Peter 5:6-8 TPT; Luke 5:4-5 TPT; Proverbs 3:5-6 TPT; Genesis 3:15 NLT; John 17:18 TPT; Hebrews 12:1-2 TPT; Ephesians 2:10 TPT
Taking Hold – the focussed and constant conviction or belief of the truth,
respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, generally with the
included idea of trust in God’s promises with holy fervor born in faith.
Trust(Batah in Hebrew) – to have careless confidence, to cling to, to have unwavering hope in, to boldly go along with despite personal apprehension.
- We take hold by being focussed, holding to a constant conviction, trial ourselves in unwavering trust of God by pressing back the shame, blame, and fear of the unknown.
- Through our faith in Jesus, we remove our distractions and excuses to see others lose their confusion about Jesus.
- I want to have a good character so I can look like Jesus to others who may not believe what he can do OR what he has done!
- Your good character, when coming together with others who are also in training with Jesus, is the hope of the world!
- We prove that we can conquer the spirit of this world, we prove what Jesus has already done.
- God’s promises are the foundation of our confidence, consistency, and growth.
- You don’t have to understand completely to obey immediately.
- You don’t always have the power to control but you do have the power to surrender.
- We cannot cling to God’s promises if we are clinging on to our own junk.
- God was so passionate that He sent the Holy Spirit to give us all the gifts we need to obey the promises and fulfill our destiny and purpose!
Let’s Talk: Good character all starts with obeying God’s promises. When we allow God to shape our character through relationship with Him, the result is good character. Your good decisions, responses, and habits are all a result of God’s promises being obeyed.
- What are some of the promises of God that you have been obeying?
- What are the promise of God that you have not been obeying?
- What are some promises of God that you haven’t discovered yet? Take some time this week as you read your bible and pray, and ask God to reveal an undiscovered promise to you.
Let’s Think: God’s promises is our purpose! The fruit of obeying the promise will be your unique purpose. Your purpose is not found or realized in your efforts but it is the fruit of His promises in you.
- Have you discovered your unique purpose? Purpose Path Conference September 25, 2021.
- How can purpose enable you to make a difference in your world? Read Mark 5:19, Proverbs 3:27-28
- How can purpose enable you to make a difference beyond your world? Read 1 Corinthians 9:22, Galatians 6:2
- How can your purpose enable you to make a difference in the whole world? Mark 16:15
Going Deeper: Always looking, always seeing, always being aware of the promises of God is what good character kind of people do. We have a culture of promise, and the excitement of faith and the fruit of Him in our lives. We don’t shrink back from shame or cower in blame. We do not fear the unknown. No, we rush headlong to uncover it and use it to spur us on towards our purpose and His promise!
- Read Jeremiah 1:4-8 How is your purpose already in you?
- Read Genesis 50:20 How can you see your purpose in every circumstance?
- Ester 4:14-16 How can His promises make you fearless in any circumstance or opportunity?
- Acts 9:1-6 Remember, God always wants to have incredible encounters with you!
Walk It Out: Journal exercise
Daily prayer for the week.
I pray that the Father of glory, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, would impart to you the riches of the Spirit of wisdom and the Spirit of revelation to know him through your deepening intimacy with him. I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of your imagination, flooding you with light, until you experience the full revelation of the hope of his calling—that is, the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that he finds in us, his holy ones!
I pray that you will continually experience the immeasurable greatness of God’s power made available to you through faith. Then your lives will be an advertisement of this immense power as it works through you! This is the mighty power that was released when God raised Christ from the dead and exalted him to the place of highest honor and supreme authority in the heavenly realm!