July 18, 2021
Key Scriptures: Galatians 5:19-23 TPT; John 17:3 TPT; John 14:9-17 TPT; Hebrews 12:1 TPT; Ephesians 4:7 TPT; 2 Timothy 1:7 TPT; Romans 7:24-25 TPT; Galatians 5:16 TPT; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 TPT; 1 Timothy 4:7 TPT; Galatians 6:7-9; Hosea 10:13 NLT
- Relationship with God is the source of our good character.
- Relationship with God dispels the fear of the unknown.
- Lack of relationship with God heightens the fear of the unknown.
- Relationship with God is not possible without the wonder of Christ and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- The wider your conscience is open to revelation from God, the louder the voice of the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Through revelation given to us of Jesus by the Holy Spirit, we walk in authority to claim the promises of the Father.
- Through the Holy Spirit, we can have a Jesus-oriented conscience that gives voice to our God-redeemed Spirit.
- Self-control is choosing what you want most over what you want right now.
- Trying is an attempt to change with the least possible commitment or only a half-hearted motivation.
- Training is a whole-hearted commitment to achieving a specific result.
- Training is doing what I can do today to enable me to do even more tomorrow.
- Sowing and reading have a compound effect, you will always reap more than you sowed.
- We don’t judge the success of the day by the harvest we reap, but by the seeds we sow.
Let’s Talk: Relationship with God is our source for walking out the abundant life Jesus promised. When we walk out our relationship with the Father, we start to show out His character. As our relationship with God develops, we begin to receive revelation, discernment, wisdom, good character and faith to overcome whatever comes our way, even the unknown.
- Describe your relationship with God in one word.
- Is your relationship with God growing and exciting or just okay?
- How can you keep your relationship with God growing and exciting?
- How does your relationship with God affect how you view the unknown?
- Have you allowed your relationship with God to affect every area of your life? If no, what areas have you kept from God?
Let’s Think: Relationship with God is not possible without the wonder of Christ and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Through the Holy Spirit we can have a Jesus-oriented conscience that gives voice to our redeemed spirit. Being able to hear the spirit is key in developing your relationship with God and growing in His character. Unfortunately, there are noisemakers that try to overpower the Spirit, making it difficult to hear what is being said.
- What are some noisemakers in your life that are trying to drown out the voice of the Holy Spirit?
- What are some ways to silence the noisemakers in your life and amplify the Spirit?
- What is fasting, and could it benefit you and your walk with Jesus?
Going Deeper: The Law of sowing and reaping is principle that we need to understand as believers. Despite what we might think, this law is always true. You will reap what you sow and sow what you reap. You will also always reap more than what you sow. If you don’t like what you are reaping, change what you are sowing. We must also keep in mind that it takes time before we see a harvest. Don’t give up too early, if you have been sowing good seed, you will reap a good harvest.
- How does the law of sowing and reaping affect your relationship with God?
- What are some things you have been sowing that need to stop?
- What are some things you have been sowing that you need to continue to sow?
- What is something you have never sown before that you need to start sowing?
Walk It Out: There is a big difference between trying and training. Trying is an attempt to change with the least possible commitment. Training is a wholehearted commitment to achieving a specific result. What areas have you been trying in? Training is doing what you can today to enable you to do even more tomorrow. What is one thing you can do this week to start training.
I pray that the Father of glory, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, would impart to you the riches of the Spirit of wisdom and the Spirit of revelation to know him through your deepening intimacy with him. I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of your imagination, flooding you with light, until you experience the full revelation of the hope of his calling—that is, the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that he finds in us, his holy ones!
I pray that you will continually experience the immeasurable greatness of God’s power made available to you through faith. Then your lives will be an advertisement of this immense power as it works through you! This is the mighty power that was released when God raised Christ from the dead and exalted him to the place of highest honor and supreme authority in the heavenly realm!